So I've discovered that my engagement ring has an asscher cut diamond at the center and 10 brilliantly cut round diamonds on the sides (5 on each side). I'm still clueless as to how many carat(s) it is. I guess it's better that way. lol. I'm just happy that Dennis gave me an engagement ring that I love and that fits my personality! :)
Dennis and I met JJ Jiao-Hemedes last month to discuss our wedding rings. She's actually an org-mate in UP (Junior Marketing Association) whose family has been in the jewelry business for 3 generations now. Right after college graduation, JJ went to California to study in GIA. I haven't really seen her since then. It was just a coincidence that Dennis asked her to make my engagement ring. He knew JJ from his friends who have been her clients as well. When Dennis sent my picture to JJ to 'guess-timate' my ring size, she told Dennis that she knew me from college. JJ told me that Dennis was not easy to please daw kasi he wanted the best for my e-ring. *super kilig and haba ng hair ko!*
Anyhoo, we didn't have pegs for our wedding rings. I just want something that will go well with my engagement ring. Dennis on the other hand, doesn't want any stones on it. So JJ showed us different ring samples and pictures. She suggested a milgrain ring for Dennis and half or 3/4 eternity ring with alternate round and emerald-cut diamonds for me.
I'm actually liking it. :) After our meeting, I immediately went to the Tiffany website and found some inspirations for our rings, which we already sent to JJ. I want both our rings to have milgrains so that they somehow complement each other too. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment