Here's what happened...
We had a 7pm appointment with Mich Dulce for the first fitting of my custom-made corset. Mich's studio is in Ortigas. Dennis fetched me in Makati at 6:15pm and with all the holiday traffic, I somehow anticipated that we'll be a little late for our meeting. Dennis, on the other hand, seemed bothered and frustrated with the traffic. I told him to just send Mich a text message and apologize for running late. After getting a reply from Mich that it was ok and that she's gonna wait for us, that's the only time that he began to relax. I remembered that he even held my hand tightly and gently massaged my palm while looking at me. I just smiled at him.
When we arrived, Mich greeted us at the door and excitedly invited us to come in. One of her sewer was there (I forgot her name!) carrying my corset! Manang sewer helped me undress and wear my corset at the fitting room while Mich and Dennis were waiting for us at the adjacent room.
Once we're done, we joined them then Mich started adjusting the strings of my corset. She instructed me to move a little farther from the mirror to which I obliged. She also told me that if there's no one there to help me adjust my corset, I should make sure to tie the strings in front. She gave me the strings of the corset and at that moment, I felt like Mich was squeezing something in between my fingers. I was surprised that I accidentally dropped the strings. I heard something that fell on the floor. Mich was just standing there and she seemed shocked as well. When I looked around, I saw that a ring fell on the floor. I thought it was Mich's and when she saw me looking at it, she immediately picked it up and said, "for you!"
It didn't really sink in until I saw Dennis kneeling down and saying his impromptu speech which ended with the question, "Marry Me?" I can't exactly remember how I responded but I think I hugged him, nodded and said, "i love you boo."
Mich was so sweet and kulit the whole time. She later shared with us that the reason why she told me to move farther from the mirror was because she was videotaping the whole thing. Apparently, when she played back the video, the camera angle was all wrong and she barely captured the proposal. She was egging us to do a take two but I like it just the way it was, regardless if there's a video or not. :)
****
Weeks before, I caught Dennis making some unexplained phone calls and mis-sent text messages to people I don't know. When I confronted him, he admitted that he was planning a "reunion" as a front to his proposal at Lemuria. I regretted having known this since I felt that I will now be expecting him to propose the moment he invites me for a fancy dinner.
His proposal at Mich's studio was totally unexpected and I really appreciate his effort to incorporate the element of surprise. His proposal may not be the most well-planned proposal ever and it's admittedly far from the one I had in mind. But what I truly love about what happened that night was how we can now officially plan the rest of our lives together - to infinity and beyond! :)
Oh, and here's how he sealed the deal:


No comments:
Post a Comment