Friday, February 10, 2012

February 9

I never really like celebrating my birthday. If I have it my way, I would just stay in my room and sleep all day. Well perhaps I might also do some dvd marathon or read a book. But you get the picture - I just want to do ordinary stuff on my birthday.


But for the past years or so, Dennis would prepare special out-of-town trips for my birthday. He'll ask me where I want to go and he'll take it from there. He made sure that we celebrate my birthday even if it's just the two of us. So here are some of things that we've done so far:


Rode the Edge Coaster @ the Crown Plaza, Cebu .

Made fun of ourselves in Plantation Bay, Cebu. 

Tried to do a "romantic shot" in Plantation Bay.

Visited Chocolate Hills in Bohol. 

Got stranded somewhere in Bohol.


Had lunch in a tree house in Bantayan Island, Cebu. 

Enjoyed the sunset at Malapascua Island, Cebu. 

Made friends with the school of fishes in Malapascua, Cebu. 

 Had a romantic dinner at a quaint Italian restaurant in Malapascua, Cebu.

 Enjoyed the sunrise the morning after. :)


My birthday yesterday was a bit different. 


I flew to Davao the day before my birthday and Dennis bought me flowers. When we woke up the following day, he greeted me a Happy Birthday, had breakfast together, then he went on to a series of client meetings for their big project here in Davao. I, on the other hand, stayed in bed throughout the afternoon, watched Gossip Girl and Moneyball and when I felt hungry, went to Abreeza for lunch. I window-shopped and had coffee in Starbucks while reading Jim Butcher's book.


Dennis met me after work and asked me to choose from the best restaurants in Davao for my birthday dinner. I told him that we can just eat in one of the restos in Abreeza since we're already there and it's near where we're staying. He was hesitant at first but finally gave in. We went to Ranch and Reef for a simple buffet dinner. :)






It was perfect. Spending my birthday doing ordinary stuff and capping the night off with a simple dinner with the person I love the most was THE BEST WAY to celebrate my last birthday as a single lady.


Next year, it'll be a whole lot different. Probably the most memorable celebration in my entire life. February 9, 2013 would not only be my nth birthday but it would also be the day I'll walk down the aisle and marry the person who I want to spend the rest of my birthdays with in this lifetime and beyond. 


I can't wait. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment