Saturday, April 14, 2012

thought bAbble

I realized that I haven't updated my blog for almost a month now. Well, I sort of slacked off from the wedding preps. But don't fret, the wedding will definitely push through! :) We're currently researching and taking our time in finding the right suppliers for the lights and sounds, musicians and emcee. We've also talked to our potential stylist and florist about the general theme of our wedding and we're just awaiting for their quotation and design. Our target is to hopefully booked all the suppliers by July so we could just focus on the DIYs and the Church requirements and documents come August.


Dennis and I also discussed about our budget during our Holy Week vacation in Baguio. Initially, we didn't really talk about the budget because we wanted to secure the essentials first - church and reception venue, photo and video. I did keep a working excel file that have the maximum amount we can spend on each supplier though. I was shocked when Dennis emailed me days before the vacation that as much as possible, we shouldn't go pass the 1M mark. He said that all his friends who got married didn't go pass it and he said that he didn't want to be the first one to overspend on the wedding. When I asked my friends (4 of my friends) who were married last year and will be married this year, they all exceeded the 1M mark. One of them almost hit the 2M mark!


This slightly stressed me out. I checked my excel file and there's no way we're going under 1M! During the last day of our vacation, I explained to Dennis that his friends got married from 2005-2010. Most suppliers increase their rates yearly, some as much as 30%-40%. And since we're having our wedding in Tagaytay, most of our suppliers have out-of-town charges too, which will add to our cost! I also told him that we'll find ways to cut down our cost like substituting the hors d'oeuvres for something else during cocktails, having a non-traditional flower arrangement, and forgoing my dream prenup with Francis Perez (sigh).


The good thing is he realized that I was right! hahaha.. He was convinced with my reasons so it's ok to go uhmm.. slightly above 1M. lol. I also threw in some ideas about making our wedding personal and he willingly liked my ideas! Just last night, he sent me a bbm that he also joined w@w. It made me really giddy because he now shows interest in the wedding preps! :)


We'll blog more about our updates once we've booked and finalized our suppliers.


Happy Weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment